|Official name||The Danish Institute of Arbitration (Copenhagen Arbitration)|
|Address||Vesterbrogade 2 B, 2|
|Telephone||(45) 33 13 37 00|
|Fax||(45) 33 13 04 03|
The Danish Institute of Arbitration (Copenhagen Arbitration) was founded in 1981 by the Danish Bar Association, the Association of Danish Judges, the Society of Danish Engineers, the Council of Danish Crafts and Trades, and the Federation of Danish Engineers. The Danish Computing Services Association and the Association of Stateauthorized Public Accountants in Denmark and the Danish Building Employers Confederation joined the group. Before the Institute, a permanent arbitration institution has existed in Copenhagen ever since 1894. During its lifetime this organization assisted in the settlement of numerous conflicts of a varied nature and accumulated a considerable fund of knowledge on arbitration procedures and the establishment of arbitration tribunals.
The object of the Institute is to promote arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the Danish Institute of Arbitration. The Institute appoints and administers arbitration tribunals. It should be noted that unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the seat of arbitration is Copenhagen, and "the procedural language" is Danish in domestic cases and English in international cases. Virtually any type of dispute, domestic as well as international, may thus be decided by the tribunals, except in those areas where mandatory legislation requires adjudication by the ordinary courts.
Secretarial facilities are offered by the Institute jointly with the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Court.
|Rules of Procedure of the Danish Institute of Arbitration (1990)|